Happy Friday! Here at Dig Inn, we’ve had an exciting and busy week, and I know many of us are looking forward to spending some quality time with our moms on Sunday.
We were speaking with Chef Daniel during our social on Wednesday about making something special this Mother’s Day (after all, for most of us, our mom is THE one who made all our faves growing up), and he shared this recipe for Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Breadcrumbs and Capers, which is something terrific to cook when you have a little extra time on the weekend.
We wanted to share it with you before we call it a day, and we look forward to hearing how yours turns out. Have a great one and Happy Mother’s Day.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Breadcrumbs and Capers
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup capers, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 head cauliflower, approximately 50 oz
2 tablespoons vegetable oil such as grape seed
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
5 turns of black pepper from a mill
2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
1. Heat skillet on medium heat, add oil and then bread crumbs.
2. With a wooden spoon brown breadcrumbs to a light-brown color.
3. Add capers and parsley.
4. Transfer breadcrumbs to a kitchen paper towel lined plate – this will absorb the excess fat.
1. Preheat the oven at 450°F.
2. With a small prep knife, cut the leaves off the cauliflower head.
3. In a bowl season cauliflower with salt, pepper and thyme leaves and then transfer into an oven-proof dish such as a French oven or casserole pot, cover with a lid.
4. Cook cauliflower for 1 hour 20 minutes then remove the lid. Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Cauliflower should have a brown roasted look and soft texture in the middle when pierced with a small knife. If not cook for 10 more minutes.
Sprinkle roasted cauliflower with the breadcrumb mixture.
Mix 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard and 1 tablespoon maple syrup and pour over the cauliflower for an extra tasty version of the whole roasted cauliflower recipe.